This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.construct-net.com and subdomains thereof.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age. Or if you are not then you will have notified us and provided us with a signed parental consent form which must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Construction Logistics Academy Limited is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Construction Logistics Academy Limited
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Business and Postal address: Docklands Business Centre, 10 – 16 Tiller Rd, Docklands, London, E14 8PX
Telephone number: 0777 577 2094
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com OR for online users by logging into your account and updating your information.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interest to enable us to provide the goods and/or services you have purchased, or those that have been purchased on your behalf and to keep records of such transactions.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to receive information about promotions and training updates and to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to improve our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests (namely to grow our business). You may object to this type of processing by unsubscribing using the link in any email that you receive.
- Student and Course Data that includes data that is required to provide you with certification, this includes your Name, Date of Birth (for regulated qualifications only) and information about qualifications you are taking or have taken. We process this data to provide you with qualifications, certifications and to Quality Assure our courses. Our lawful ground of processing is legitimate interest to enable us to provide you with certifications for training that meets the recommendations and regulations for training.
- Centre/ Instructor Data this includes data provided by approved centres and instructors for the purpose of certification and internal quality assurance.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
For qualifications we are required to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Qualification information and Qualification dates) for seven years to be able to provide proof of qualification, CPD statements and other information at their request.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Last Modified: 17 February 2020
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share your personal data within our group of companies which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or If we use US-based providers, we may transfer data to them, and will try to ensure that they have equivalent safeguards in place.
We need to collect the following sensitive data about you in order to ensure that we can adapt our service to allow us to make reasonable adjustments to ensure your safety during practical exercises required as part of some of the training courses.
We require your explicit consent for processing sensitive data, by declaring to your instructor that a reasonable adjustment is required for you to complete the training, you will need to complete and sign an additional document. Asking you to confirm your consent to this processing.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site, during your activities on our site or by sending us emails).
Your data may also be provided to us by your employer, agency or training provider or group.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU. Your data may be provided to us by your employer, agency or training provider or group.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. (iii) You have joined or connected to our network.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your account on our website selecting preferences and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
Other companies in our group who provide services to us. Service providers who provide IT and system administration services. Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers Government bodies that require us to report processing activities. Awarding Organisations such, for requesting regulated qualifications. Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. The training organisation who is delivering or has delivered or arranged the training on your behalf. Your employer or agency if they have arranged the connection to our network for you.
This may include their students Name, Address, Email and Date of Birth. The data is required for producing the certification the lawful basis for processing the data would be legitimate interest.
If the student chooses to provide their email address, they will be set up an account where they can download materials and request weekly video refreshers, the lawful ground of processing for this would be legitimate interest to provide them with additional services they request.
When entering customer or student data onto the Construc-net system for online training or class registration, it is the instructor/centre owner/employers responsibility to ensure that they have permission to do so. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests, to provide users with the services they require.
Centre/Instructor Marketing Data this includes data provided by the centre or instructor to enable them to use www.construct-net.com and www.cl-ac.uk to list and market their courses. In choosing to make themselves viewable they agree to their course information including location, course type and price and their name, email, and contact number to be displayed on all construct-net websites and subdomains and for administration staff within Construction Logistics Academy Limited to be able to pass their information on to prospective customers.